October 19, 2010

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
I Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Is In - 2006

This week is WFMU's 'Singles Going Steady' week to get ready for the record fair October 22nd though 24th so I'll be putting up a different 7" every day.

Once again the good folks at Daptone give us a rare slice of good ole' funk. This label is great. Buy lots of stuff from them and go see their artists when they tour. Sharon Jones has new record out so go order it. Or ask for it at your local record store.

Here is a cover of a tune originally done by The First Edition (featuring Kenny Rogers). I remember hearing somewhere that this was originally recorded for a KFC commercial but was scrapped. That might be completely made-up, though.

Download and Enjoy!


Track listing:
Side A:
1. I Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Is In (Vocal)

Side B:
1. I Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Is In (Instrumental)





Download I Just Dropped In DAP-1022 from DivShare (5.32 MB)

No comments: